Friday, July 8, 2011

Insanity in the Good Old US of A

I read the news. I listen to the news. I watch the news. And on the internet, I can do all 3 at the same time. Consider some of the news recently.

A woman is facing jail time for planting a garden.

Our government is selling guns to Mexican drug cartels. Just a few of weeks ago, FBI agents were told to let guns go to cartels.

New Bill in House Asks Citizens to Voluntarily Pay Down Debt is an insult to the already taxed to death citizens of this country. Do they really think people are going to opt to have MORE money withheld from their paychecks?

Government mandated calorie counts don't change eating habits. Ya think? I see calorie counts on the labels of food I buy all the time. I still buy it. It took experts (I'm guessing using taxpayer dollars) to figure that one out. Sheesh!

Indoctrination of our children in public schools is shameless. I am greatly saddened by the push of the gay agenda.

These are just a sampling of some of the stories that make the regular person think about how ludicrous our country has become. Big government, more government control, and reduced liberties. I don't see an end in sight. And our government, on top of controlling our lives, are giving drug cartels an invitation to corrupt our country even further.

4 comments:

  1. Spot on, Rose. Makes 2 Chronicles 7:14 even more important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose, I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment>

    I agree. Our government is completely out of control not to mention out of touch, and our nation is going down the tubes at an alarming rate. My sanity is in the Word, and in the life we are trying establish for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leigh, Yes, my sanity is the Word, too. I can't imagine trying to live without my faith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris, I had to look up Chronicles. Thank you for the reminder :)

    And thank you for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome!