Saturday, June 16, 2012

Baby Chicks!

Do you see the little baby chick poking our from under her chest? I knew it had to be close because this morning I went out to check on her and feed and she was growling at me! I have counted three chicks, but we are trying to not bother her and upset her so this was the only pic I could manage to get. That board in from of her is not laying flat and we don't want the chicks to get caught up underneath of it so I was trying to step on it and flatten it down. Also, you can't really tell in the picture but to the left and right of the front of the crate there are gaps we want to get filled in so the little chicks don't wander off into predator land of the big, mean, cannibal chickens that live next door. I will post more pictures soon and update you on her progress.

5 comments:

  1. Rose,

    So cute, I love baby chicks. Looks like mama is doing a fine job with her babes. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well goodness gracious! chicks...what a delightful surprise for you..keep those cannibals far away from them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phyllis (N/W Jersey)June 16, 2012 at 5:23 PM

    Congrats on the new babies! Just gotta love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn Renee, Sandy, Anon., and Phyllis,
    Thank you for your encouraging comments. I'm adding new photos and an update today!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome!