Friday, April 13, 2012

The Liebster Award!

                                               
Martha over at  The Path to Frugality has awarded my simple little blog the Liebster Award. Martha said about my blog, " This blog is about simple living and self-reliance.  I love to read what Rose has posted, perhaps it is because I have a secret desire to live an Agrarian lifestyle." I am truly humbled that she has chosen my blog.Thank you, Martha.

I'm not even sure how I found Martha's blog, but she has given me great encouragement, frugal strategies, and prayers when I was laid off from my previous job and totally stressing about finding work last year. Martha is someone I go to for encouragement and great ideas. She has been a blessing.

The Liebster Award  is geared toward new bloggers or bloggers that have under 200 Followers.  The word liebster means favorite in German.  When accepting this award, there are several things the blogger must satisfy."  They are:   

1.  Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.

The hard part for me now is to pick five deserving blogs that I read and would recommend to my readers.           
           
Here are my picks, in no particular order:

Mamma Bear over at Challenged Survival always has stories about the day to day life of living with chickens and goats. She always has lots of pictures and they even have a vertical strawberry garden. Go on over and check out her site.

 Living Prepared is exactly what Mike writes about at his blog. Mike lives and prepares to be as independent as possible, and not a dependent government  subject. He has great ideas for food, gardening, communications, and more.  Browse his blog, and you will surely find something of interest to you.

Krazo Acres  is written by Carolyn Renee. I love reading about her animals and her homestead goals. When you are reading her blog you feel like she's your friend sharing all her adventures with you with great detail and a  way with words.

The Simple Life  is what John shares about on his blog. He writes about his life, gardening, his chickens, he shares jokes, and shares his views about our country's state of affairs. I always like to read what he has been up to. I wish Johhnyb had a blog archive (hint, hint), so that I can look up his past postings.

Small Holding is Pioneer Preppy's blog where you'll find strong opinions about our nation, local events, and the craziness that is rapidly enveloping our country. He also shares about food storage, raising bees, and growing asparagus. He has already been given the Liebster Award, but I always read his blog, see here it is again.

The above blogs are ones that I enjoy and hope you will, too. They are worthy of this award and are written by people whom I consider friends.

2.  Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.  

3.  Post the award on your blog.  List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites.  Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.

4.  Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
Five facts you now know about me:
1. I met my husband at a bar while I was out with my singles group from my church. He wanted to know what religion I could possibly be.
2. I am not good at decorating and I think our house has that "kitsch" look to it. We still have some garage sale furniture from when we bought our first house.

3. Our property and house are paid for. 

4. I was adopted.

5. I help my husband with projects because it means I get to spend time with him, even though I am power-tool/backhoe/tractor challenged, and he usually  has to redo whatever it is I was "helping" with, but he never complains.

Thank you again to Martha over at The Path to Frugality for this award.
                                                                                                                                 

5 comments:

  1. Rose...Thank you so much for giving me this nice recognition. It is an honor when another blogger gives you an award.

    I was looking at your five facts and a few of those could apply to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rose. I appreciate it.

    BTW--My archive list is up and running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rose,
    Thank you for the recognition. I never expected my blog to have the following it has, it has been quite a surprise. All I do is write about what I do with tested accuracy so others who find it useful can easily duplicate it. Again, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it's really informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I'll be grateful if you continue this in future. Many people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!
    Also see my page :: tony

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome!